The time frame in which foreign exchange reference rates are calculated could widen as a result of the ongoing investigations into alleged manipulation of benchmark rates - something senior market participants are already considering, according to a senior official at the European Central Bank (ECB).
Speaking at the end of a keynote address at the FX Week Europe conference in London this week, Roberto Schiavi, deputy director-general for market operations at the ECB, raised questions over the sh
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor