Sveriges Riksbank supports a plan requiring banks to meet liquidity coverage ratios for all significant currencies, a proposal put forward by the financial regulator Finansinspektionen.
“This is an important step in strengthening the banks’ resilience to liquidity risks,” says the Riksbank. The institution “has long considered that the Swedish banks should face LCR requirements in both Swedish krona and other significant currencies”.
However, the central bank disagrees on the 75% ratio the
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed