Cyber attackers are targeting banks during office hours and transferring a wider array of currencies than just the dollar in an attempt to remain undetected by financial institutions, according to a new report.
Three years on from the famous Bangladesh Bank heist, payment services provider Swift has produced research detailing the progress that has been made by the industry. But the report also unveils some worrying new trends.
“Malicious actors” previously conducted fraudulent transactions
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed