The move by six Arab countries to set up a joint provider of national and regional statistics has won praise from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), which described the initiative as "an important boost" that would "undoubtedly contribute to strengthening data collection and dissemination" in the region.
The Statistical Centre for the Cooperation Council for the Arab Countries of the Gulf (GCC-Stat) was established earlier this month by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) – a political and ec
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?