The Bahamian central bank should reduce its holding of government debt, governor John Rolle said in a speech on November 20,
Rolle also said the government should relax capital controls, but needed to put measures in place first to build investor confidence.
“The central bank’s forward-looking strategy is to gradually reduce the outstanding lending to the government,” he said.
“The economy has to do a better job of retaining the foreign exchange that it earns,” Rolle said.
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Video Q&A: Natalie Dempster, World Gold Council
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed