The Bahamian central bank should reduce its holding of government debt, governor John Rolle said in a speech on November 20,
Rolle also said the government should relax capital controls, but needed to put measures in place first to build investor confidence.
“The central bank’s forward-looking strategy is to gradually reduce the outstanding lending to the government,” he said.
“The economy has to do a better job of retaining the foreign exchange that it earns,” Rolle said.
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn