The 2018 Invesco survey of central banks confirms a trend of splintering reserves management policies and practises, and similar findings emerged from Central Banking’s 2018 National Asset-Liability Management (Nalm) conference.
In previous decades, the preferred strategy of reserves managers was overwhelmingly a US dollar short-duration government bond portfolio whose overriding objectives were immediate liquidity and capital preservation. This latest survey confirms the breakdown of this
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund