The 2018 Invesco survey of central banks confirms a trend of splintering reserves management policies and practises, and similar findings emerged from Central Banking’s 2018 National Asset-Liability Management (Nalm) conference.
In previous decades, the preferred strategy of reserves managers was overwhelmingly a US dollar short-duration government bond portfolio whose overriding objectives were immediate liquidity and capital preservation. This latest survey confirms the breakdown of this mono
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says