Data published by the Central Bank of Venezuela has revealed the country is in default on its foreign debt payments.
As part of an overhaul of its website, the central bank published a large amount of historical data relating to reserves and financial accounts.
The new website included information on the central bank’s external debt repayments, which was spotted by Russ Dallen of Caracas Capital, who follows Venezuelan debt closely.
According to the data, Venezuela’s debt repayments have dra
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research