Uganda’s central bank has warned the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio could be closer to the 50% danger level than headline figures imply.
According to the Bank of Uganda’s latest State of the Economy report, public debt as a share of GDP stood at 28.1% at the end of 2017.
“However, including committed but undisbursed loans, the ratio of total public debt to GDP is closer to the threshold,” the central bank says. The central bank’s public debt management framework benchmarks 50% as the danger thres
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde