The Bank of Canada has joined the Network for Greening the Financial System, which aims to support the goals of the 2016 Paris agreement on climate change.
The NGFS, created in 2017, includes 35 central banks and national financial supervisors from Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America and Oceania. The group aims to identify and promote best practices to tackle climate risk through better management of investment patterns. For instance, it studies how central banks can help to protect the
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy