Sveriges Riksbank today (March 20) published positive feedback from Swedish institutions on its second report analysing the introduction of a central bank digital currency or “e-krona”.
In total, 20 institutions and organisations – including Sweden’s financial regulator, Finansinspektionen, the National Debt Office and the national tax agency – have assessed the e-krona report.
In addition to sharing their views on the project, most entities think there should be a government inquiry into the
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed