The US Federal Reserve is seeking public comment on measures to develop an around-the-clock, real-time interbank settlement system for faster payments.
The central bank is open to views on two actions to develop more efficient and secure instant payments. One is extending the capabilities of its real-time gross settlement system to offer a constantly-operating service, 365 days a year. It is also looking for comments on creating a liquidity management tool to support the settlement services pro
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says