The expansionary policies implemented by Sveriges Riksbank in the wake of the global financial crisis helped the Swedish economy to preserve economic equity, said deputy governor Cecilia Skingsley on December 6.
“Given the weak trend in growth in many countries, a less expansionary monetary policy than pursued during recent years would have led to higher unemployment than was the case,” she said. “In that sense, monetary policy could be argued to have contributed to [lowering] income inequaliti
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations