Communication of non-monetary policy information dominated central bank communications during the financial crisis and its immediate aftermath, two researchers at the Bank for International Settlements find.
Monetary policy communication regained importance after 2013, the researchers say.
In Non-monetary news in central bank communication, Anna Cieslak and Andreas Schrimpf compare government bond yields and equity returns against central bank news and communication channels.
They study the
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Video Q&A: Natalie Dempster, World Gold Council
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed
- NY Fed official sketches key factors for balance sheet plans