Communication of non-monetary policy information dominated central bank communications during the financial crisis and its immediate aftermath, two researchers at the Bank for International Settlements find.
Monetary policy communication regained importance after 2013, the researchers say.
In Non-monetary news in central bank communication, Anna Cieslak and Andreas Schrimpf compare government bond yields and equity returns against central bank news and communication channels.
They study the
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner