The Federal Reserve will likely have room to continue with further interest rate rises over the next two years without harming economic growth, Fed governor Lael Brainard said on September 12.
Brainard told the Detroit Economic Club that sustaining strong economic growth, full employment and inflation close to the Fed’s 2% target will likely warrant continued policy tightening for some time.
“With fiscal stimulus in the pipeline and financial conditions supportive of growth, the shorter-run ne
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief