Luminaries of the world of central banking, including Jaime Caruana, general manager of the Bank for International Settlements, Central Bank of Brazil governor Alexandre Tombini, Thomas Jordan, governor of the Swiss National Bank, and Benoît Cœuré of the European Central Bank (ECB) met at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) yesterday to work through some existential questions raised by the ‘new normal' for monetary policy.
Opening the all-day conference in Washington, DC, IMF managing director
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- A dangerous moment for the Reserve Bank of India
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy