Achieving single-digit inflation is "the most important task" facing the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus (NBRB), according to its chairperson, Nadezhda Ermakova. The head of the Belarusian central bank made the comments to CentralBanking.com despite the country's president, Alexander Lukashenko, pressing for economic growth this year at more than seven percentage points above International Monetary Fund (IMF) predictions.
Ermakova took the helm at the central bank in July 2011, and stee
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund