Achieving single-digit inflation is "the most important task" facing the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus (NBRB), according to its chairperson, Nadezhda Ermakova. The head of the Belarusian central bank made the comments to CentralBanking.com despite the country's president, Alexander Lukashenko, pressing for economic growth this year at more than seven percentage points above International Monetary Fund (IMF) predictions.
Ermakova took the helm at the central bank in July 2011, and stee
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré