The modern habit of not only having regular independent reviews of public sector processes but publishing the results promptly can have enormous advantages beyond their immediate purpose. That is because other parties in a similar position can go through those results and see what lessons they can draw.
The review of the Bank of England’s Monetary Policy Committee’s (MPC) forecasting in the UK, by David Stockton, formerly research division director of the Federal Reserve Board, is an excellent c
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system