The Bank of England should have a mandate and specific tools to actively promote the transition to a low-carbon economy, a report published by activist group Positive Money has proposed.
Launched today (May 15), A Green Bank of England assesses how central banks – and specifically the BoE – are tackling climate change, recommending policy actions from the disclosure of investments to mandate changes.
“The Chancellor of the Exchequer should update the remit for the [monetary policy committee] t
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot