The Bank of England should have a mandate and specific tools to actively promote the transition to a low-carbon economy, a report published by activist group Positive Money has proposed.
Launched today (May 15), A Green Bank of England assesses how central banks – and specifically the BoE – are tackling climate change, recommending policy actions from the disclosure of investments to mandate changes.
“The Chancellor of the Exchequer should update the remit for the [monetary policy committee]
- RBI unveils vision for e-payments overhaul
- Weidmann warns trade war likely to hurt US more than Germany
- Don Kohn offers advice on macro-pru under uncertainty
- New IMF data reveals non-banks drive capital flows when global risks rise
- Trade protection leads to recessions in the long run – Bank of Canada researcher