The Czech National Bank (CNB) has a strong reputation for transparency. What is your philosophy when it comes to transparency?
It is important to consider the audience. For the CNB there are three key stakeholders that we consider. The first group involves parties that are needed to set market interest rates and exchange rates. With them, we try to be as transparent as possible, as transparency helps the market understand what we want to achieve. This, in turn, helps us shape expectations and pr
- Schoolgirl takes over management of Paraguay’s central bank
- European financial system is bigger and more concentrated, ECB says
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- UK’s FCA claims success after first year of ‘sandbox’
- CCPs say central bank access needed to avoid liquidity crisis