Researchers have proposed a new means of estimating the risk of contagion in the global financial system, presenting their results in a working paper published by the Bank for International Settlements.
Stefan Avdjiev, Paolo Giudici and Alessandro Spelta combine separate methodologies from the literature, making use of both market prices and exposures to create a network model of the global banking system. They combine data on credit default swap spreads with information on exposures from the
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit