Central banks could become “obsolete” as payment operators if distributed ledger-based RTGS systems prove successful, according to a report published by the Monetary Authority of Singapore on November 13, regarding the second stage of its DLT initiative, Project Ubin.
MAS embarked on the project to examine the benefits of DLT in the payment area in 2016. The first phase involved the central bank working with distributed ledger start-up R3, Deloitte and a consortium of large banks to launch “a
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund