Global payments messaging firm Swift has teamed up with a project that will bring real-time payments to the United States in 2018.
Providing a “gateway” to The Clearing House’s real-time payments platform, Swift will provide software that will allow institutions to connect to the new infrastructure, which will eventually process 5,000 payments a second.
“Financial institutions need to be able to connect with us. Swift is one of the partners helping banks hook into our system,” Steve Ledford, s
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs