Central Banking

Danes claim top spot for EU card payments


Danes are some of the most enthusiastic adopters of electronic payments in Europe, and use cards more than any other European Union nation, according to a report published today (March 30) by the National Bank of Denmark.

Card payments now account for around 80% of all retail turnover in Denmark, with cash making up most of the remaining 20%. Cheque usage has all but disappeared.

Denmark leads the European Commission’s Digital Economy and Society Index for 2017, followed closely by Finland

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact info@centralbanking.com or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.centralbanking.com/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact info@centralbanking.com to find out more.

Sorry, our subscription options are not loading right now

Please try again later. Get in touch with our customer services team if this issue persists.

New to Central Banking? View our subscription options

If you already have an account, please sign in here.

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account