Colin Hay and Anthony Payne, Civic Capitalism, Polity Press, 2015, 147 pages
The authors of this little book want to redesign capitalism into ‘civic capitalism’, which they describe as “the governance of the market, by the state, in the name of the people, to deliver collective public goods, equity and social justice”.
They say this transformation will amount to a rejection of the Anglo-liberalism that rules thinking at the moment, in which citizens are required to conform to the requirements of
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production