Colin Hay and Anthony Payne, Civic Capitalism, Polity Press, 2015, 147 pages
The authors of this little book want to redesign capitalism into ‘civic capitalism’, which they describe as “the governance of the market, by the state, in the name of the people, to deliver collective public goods, equity and social justice”.
They say this transformation will amount to a rejection of the Anglo-liberalism that rules thinking at the moment, in which citizens are required to conform to the requirements of
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says