The People's Bank of China (PBoC) has said foreign central banks will be allowed to trade a range of derivative products in China's interbank foreign exchange market, expanding on comments made by premier Li Keqiang last week.
"The People's Bank and the State Administration of Foreign Exchange have been actively promoting the opening of China's foreign exchange market," the central bank said on September 14.
"The next step will be to allow foreign central banks directly into China's interbank fo
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says