The Central Bank of the Philippines has announced the launch of a temporary currency exchange facility that will allow Filipino workers fleeing the conflict in Syria to convert Syrian pounds to Philippine pesos in a four-month window.
The two currencies are not currently convertible, but according to a statement published today (January 16), under the new facility Filipino workers and their families will be able to exchange up to 10,000 pesos ($246) per person. Anyone wishing to make the exchang
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows