George Selgin, Floored! How a misguided Fed experiment deepened and prolonged the great recession, Cato Institute, Washington, DC, 2018, 205 pages
George Selgin does not leave his readers guessing. The subtitle warns us to anticipate a (policy) indictment of the US Federal Reserve. If he is right, it is not a small claim. The great recession was, after all, one of the most serious recessions in many decades; and central banks exist to lean against recessions, not to worsen them.
Selgin is no
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed