Finland needs a “national back-up system” for its payment systems, which would become operational in “emergency situations”, a board member of the Bank of Finland argues.
In a recent blog post, Marja Nykänen writes it is imperative for payment and settlement systems to function under “all circumstances” to prevent the economy from becoming disrupted.
In a crisis, “Finland must possess the capability to maintain independent control over its critical infrastructures”, she says.
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns