“There are no winners in trade wars, just different degrees of losers”, Benoît Cœuré warned in a speech today (April 6).
US economic growth could be cut by up to 2.5% in the first year of any trade war, the member of the European Central Bank’s governing council said.
“The benefits of globalisation have not been spread evenly, neither across nor within countries”, Cœuré told attendees at an economics workshop in Cernobbio, Italy. Economists “have not given sufficient consideration” to this p
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde