The Bank of England and Financial Conduct Authority unveiled the next phase of their long-running efforts to replace the tarnished Libor rate on November 29.
The BoE and FCA have tasked the industry-led Working Group on Sterling Risk-Free Rates with delivering a “broad-based transition” to the Sterling Overnight Index Average (Sonia), which is now administered by the BoE and was recommended as the best option by the working group earlier in 2017.
“The working group’s new mandate will be to cat
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?