Emerging market economies generally take “a more favourable view” of trade and its labour market impact than their advanced-economy counterparts, according to the managing director of the International Monetary Fund.
In her opening remarks at the IMF and World Bank’s annual meeting, Christine Lagarde took stock of how trade had “negatively” affected emerging markets following their integration into international trade networks.
“These include rising income inequality, increasing wage premia fo
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system