The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision today revealed the final updates to its securitisation framework, which impose tougher standards on banks.
The new measures seek to increase the risk sensitivity of the framework, simplify the approaches and reduce reliance on external ratings.
A new "hierarchy of approaches" sees internal ratings-based approaches coming first, although only "sophisticated" banks are likely to be able to utilise them. Next is an external ratings-based approach and, fina
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms