Yves Mersch, a European Central Bank (ECB) executive board member, today argued for close co-operation between monetary and macro-prudential policy when the two are housed under the same institutional roof.
The ECB is set to be approved by the European Parliament as the eurozone's single supervisory authority next week, gaining responsibility for both micro- and macro-prudential policy from autumn next year. It has repeatedly emphasised the need for a clear separation between setting monetary po
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security