Extraordinary monetary policy measures taken by the world's major central banks, notably the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Federal Reserve, have created "a window of opportunity" for governments to steer their economies back to growth, according to Ali Babacan, deputy prime minister of Turkey.
Babacan used a speech at the Global Islamic Finance Forum in Kuala Lumpur today (September 19) to state that some countries in Europe should abandon fiscal austerity efforts that do not appear to be
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré