The infrastructure of cryptocurrency markets is still very much in its infancy from an institutional point of view, but it has evolved hugely over the past five years, with the focus shifting from pure trading towards settlement and custody issues, panellists said at the 14th FX Week Asia conference.
“Five years ago, we weren’t talking to banks, so I think the market has matured a lot. We are starting to see infrastructure developing in a way that allows institutional investors to access the
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns