Central banks should not discount launching digital crypto-assets completely, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund has warned.
In her most recent blog post, Christine Lagarde writes that were privately issued crypto-assets to remain “risky and unstable”, there may be demand for central banks to provide digital forms of money.
Lagarde’s more open attitude toward crypto-assets contrasts with the new head of the Bank for International Settlements, Agustín Carstens, who has cal
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research