Central banks should not discount launching digital crypto-assets completely, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund has warned.
In her most recent blog post, Christine Lagarde writes that were privately issued crypto-assets to remain “risky and unstable”, there may be demand for central banks to provide digital forms of money.
Lagarde’s more open attitude toward crypto-assets contrasts with the new head of the Bank for International Settlements, Agustín Carstens, who has cal
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Rising rates seen as main risk by reserve managers