The UK’s Payment System Regulator says it will examine the issue of access to cash “in more depth” this year, following criticism it was not taking the issue seriously enough.
In its annual plan for 2019–2020, the PSR notes cash is unlikely to “disappear” any time soon, but it is “vital” members of the public retain the power to choose their preferred payment method as cash usage declines.
“This means there needs to be a sustainable way for people to get hold of their money in cash, and this
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed