Bank of England awards contracts for new banknotes

Fifty pound banknotes
£50 notes in the current series
Bank of England

The Bank of England today (June 4) awarded contracts to two firms to supply the polymer substrate for the new £50 banknote.

The central bank said 55% of the polymer for the new series would be supplied by CCL Secure (formerly Innovia), and the remaining 45% by De La Rue.

CCL already supplies all of the polymer for the £5 and £10 notes, and 75% of the polymer for the £20 denomination, which is set for launch in the first quarter of 2020. De La Rue will supply the remaining 25% of the polymer

Only users who have a paid subscription or are part of a corporate subscription are able to print or copy content.

To access these options, along with all other subscription benefits, please contact [email protected] or view our subscription options here: http://subscriptions.centralbanking.com/subscribe

You are currently unable to copy this content. Please contact [email protected] to find out more.

To continue reading...

You need to sign in to use this feature. If you don’t have a Central Banking account, please register for a trial.

Sign in
You are currently on corporate access.

To use this feature you will need an individual account. If you have one already please sign in.

Sign in.

Alternatively you can request an individual account here: