Sveriges Riksbank has taken proposals to ensure cash does not disappear from Sweden one step further, by declaring all banks and other credit institutions should be “obliged” to continue to offer cash services.
Today's pronouncement (October 22) comes in response to the Riksbank Committee’s suggestion that only the country’s six major banks should be obligated to continue offering cash services.
In June, the committee published an interim report, Secure Access to Cash, as part of a review into
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management