The Central Bank of Venezuela has published the designs of the new currency series which will be launched on June 4, 2018.
Eight new banknotes have been designed alongside two new coins; once released they will replace the current series in circulation.
The new banknote series is president Nicolas Maduro’s latest attempt to combat the country’s economic crisis.
“Venezuela will not be a colony of the dollar, we will defend the economic and financial sovereignty of the country,” he said on Marc
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde