The Central Bank of Madagascar will use a number of different substrates for its new currency series, whose first banknotes were launched today (July 17).
The central bank revealed it would launch four new Malagasy ariary banknotes this month and another four later in the year. The theme for the series is the celebration of the “wealth of Madagascar”.
Among those released this month is the new MGA20,000 ($6.80) note, which is being printed on Giesecke and Devrient’s (G&D) Louisenthal hybrid su
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production