Jin Liqun has identified the creation of a "strong institutional culture" at the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) as a key priority, following his selection as 'president-designate' earlier this week.
Jin won the support of the 'chief negotiators' representing the 'prospective founding members' of the AIIB – 57 countries have signed up – but must still be elected by its board of governors. He currently heads the Multilateral Interim Secretariat for Establishing the AIIB.
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro