US: The Federal Reserve appointed Gordon Werkema as payments strategy director on May 29. He will lead the central bank's payment system revamp, unveiled in January, which looks to deliver "safe, ubiquitous and faster payment capabilities".
Werkema was previously first vice-president and chief operating officer at the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. His 34-year career at the Fed began at the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, where he rose to executive vice-president.
Werkema was part of th
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank