Øystein Olsen was named governor of Norges Bank for a term of six years in 2011. Before that he was director-general of Statistics Norway from 2005–10, where he was also head of the research department from 1996–99. Olsen has a long association with Statistics Norway, where he held roles in the research department from 1977–90 as well as from 1991–94.
Between his last two jobs at Statistics Norway, Olsen was director-general of the economic policy department at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says