Øystein Olsen was named governor of Norges Bank for a term of six years in 2011. Before that he was director-general of Statistics Norway from 2005–10, where he was also head of the research department from 1996–99. Olsen has a long association with Statistics Norway, where he held roles in the research department from 1977–90 as well as from 1991–94.
Between his last two jobs at Statistics Norway, Olsen was director-general of the economic policy department at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system