Central Bank of the Philippines governor Amando Tetangco will use his role as head of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) Asian Consultative Council (ACC) to promote financial inclusion on the region's research agenda, he told Central Banking journal.
Tetangco was named ACC chair in March, and is now responsible for setting the direction of the research activities in the BIS Asian office. This gives him the opportunity to raise the profile of financial inclusion, and its impact on the m
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB