The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) will award 15,000 lira ($6,700) to the winner of an academic prize aimed at promoting research on the Turkish economy, emerging markets or central banking, the bank has said.
The award was unveiled as the CBRT, along with other emerging market central banks, is attempting to cushion the impact of the Federal Reserve's tapering of asset purchases on their economies, which are suffering from financial imbalances built up during years of capital inf
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase