Stanley Fischer has joined the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) as a 'distinguished fellow', linking up with the likes of Timothy Geithner and Jagdish Bhagwati at the US think-tank.
Fischer joins from the Bank of Israel, where he was governor for eight years. He stepped down on June 30, and is now based at the CFR's New York headquarters.
Fischer has had a long career spanning academia, the public and the private sector. He spent more than two decades teaching economics at the Massachusetts In
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency