The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) published a guide to its extensive database on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives today (September 22).
In Shedding light on dark markets: first insights from the new EU-wide OTC derivatives dataset, Jorge Abad et al present what they call a "first step" towards analysing what was "once one of the most opaque financial markets in the world".
Since 2014, they note, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir) has obliged over-the-counter (OTC) deriv
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure