The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) published a guide to its extensive database on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives today (September 22).
In Shedding light on dark markets: first insights from the new EU-wide OTC derivatives dataset, Jorge Abad et al present what they call a "first step" towards analysing what was "once one of the most opaque financial markets in the world".
Since 2014, they note, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir) has obliged over-the-counter (OTC) deriv
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production