The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) published a guide to its extensive database on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives today (September 22).
In Shedding light on dark markets: first insights from the new EU-wide OTC derivatives dataset, Jorge Abad et al present what they call a "first step" towards analysing what was "once one of the most opaque financial markets in the world".
Since 2014, they note, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir) has obliged over-the-counter (OTC)
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns