The European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) published a guide to its extensive database on over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives today (September 22).
In Shedding light on dark markets: first insights from the new EU-wide OTC derivatives dataset, Jorge Abad et al present what they call a "first step" towards analysing what was "once one of the most opaque financial markets in the world".
Since 2014, they note, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (Emir) has obliged over-the-counter (OTC) deriv
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor