The Central Bank of Kenya placed a mid-sized bank, Imperial Bank, into receivership on October 13, prompting the Bank of Uganda to take over the management of their local subsidiary.
Imperial Bank was placed under the control of Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC) after the bank's board informed the central bank of "unsafe and unsound business conditions".
The KDIC will assume management for up to a year, though there is potential for a six-month extension, which officials do not expect i
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system