The settlement day for the UK's high-value payment system, Chaps, and securities settlement system, Crest, will be extended in around a year's time, the Bank of England (BoE) said today (July 23).
It will be extended by an hour and forty minutes, to 18:00, in an effort to align it with the business hours of the systems' users. The change will take effect in "summer 2016"; an exact date will be confirmed by the end of August.
"Extending the settlement day will provide greater flexibility to busin
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency